Click here to download in PDF
PoY 2019-20 Newsletter Vol.4 issued on 26 February 2020
Sent by: Mr. Hari Hara, POY Awards Chair & VP of PMI Singapore Chapter
Awards Ceremony of 6th Project of the Year (PoY 2019-20) is postponed to Q2 2020 due to Singapore Government measures in place to defer non-essential gatherings
PMI Singapore Chapter would like to express their gratitude to organisations for their clear desire and courage to showcase their exceptional completed projects.
At the same time, we are pleased to share that 6th PoY Awards Program attracted an overall increase of 23.5% in nominations this year. The record number of nominations confirms growing interest in competing for the PoY Awards.
PoY Awards are open to Singapore-based companies including Singapore government agencies. This year, we received nominations with project value amounting to ~2 billion SGD from these industry sectors:
For future editions, we urge Start-Ups, SMEs, Large Corporations as well as Government leadership to come forward, encourage and support their project teams to submit their best project nomination(s).
Did you know?
PMI Singapore Chapter started the PoY Awards program in 2014 with a sole purpose and objective to create a merit-based platform recognising exceptional projects from Singapore, under two broad categories:
1) Business & Information Systems and
2) Engineering & Construction
Projects are distinguished through innovation, value creation, complexity, impact and project management practices. This program is proudly presented in association with the Singapore Economic Development Board (EDB) and National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) U Associates.
PMI Singapore Chapter is fortunate to work with the below mentioned Panel Members. A heartfelt thank you for their significant volunteering support and commitment in reviewing the project nominations and company presentations.
Key updates on PoY 2019-20 Awards Ceremony Gala Dinner
6th PoY Awards Ceremony was originally planned for 17 March 2020. Given the COVID-19 situation, PoY Awards Committee naturally prioritises safety & well-being of the community and therefore follows the guidelines by Singapore Government. This is why it was decided to postpone the PoY Awards Ceremony Gala Dinner to ~June 2020. We are monitoring the situation and will inform about the new date & venue as soon as we can.
- Congratulations to all the Finalists!
- Panel reviews and company face-to-face presentations to the Panel took place after the nomination submission deadline earlier this year.
- We are eagerly looking forward to announcing the winners at the PoY 2019-20 Awards Ceremony.
- Each participating Company will receive one complimentary entry pass to attend this Awards Ceremony.
- New date & venue is yet to be announced. We are aiming at ~June 2020. Event will be from 7pm to 9.30pm, with registrations starting at 6:15pm.
- Guest of Honour: to be advised, awaiting confirmation from the Ministry / Prominent Leaders.
- PMI Singapore Chapter welcomes companies / educational institutions to explore the PoY 2019-20 Awards Sponsorship opportunities
Our Platinum Sponsor of PoY 2019-20 Awards
Mr Hari Hara, MBA, MSc, PMP
Vice President & Project of the Year (PoY) Awards Chairman since 2016
PMI Singapore Chapter (SPMI
GET SOCIAL with PMI Singapore Chapter: