SPMI arranges and coordinates various types of activities for chapter members.
- Scholarship & Prizes
Volunteers within SPMI help organise various kinds of events throughout the year that members can register for. They fall into 2 categories:
- Professional Development
- Networking Events
Professional Development events are organised to bring chapter members closer to thought leaders within the Project Management profession. Such events provide an opportunity to earn PDUs which are necessary in maintaining your continued certification requirements: CCR. PDUs are aligned with the PMI Talent Triangle.
- Networking Events: These do not carry PDU but offer valuable opportunities for members to network and share their experiences with the project management community
- Group Discussions: This moderator led event on a pre-determined theme allow for attendees to share their experiences and views and are fun, dynamic ways to promote mutual learning
- Seminar: They are typically over 2-3 hours and help bring respected Subject Matter experts to the SPMI member community. They follow a seminar format and are on a single topic
- BootCamps: All day focused content that help the attendee to attempt a certification exam. They can serve as refresher courses for somone who have previously attended a multi-week training program at an REP but not attempted the exam immediately after.
- Special Events: Workshop/ Symposium: These are full day/ multi day events for large groups cover multiple topics and speakers usually under a collective theme
The primary function of our Outreach team is to promote the PMI Singapore Chapter in this region. Through continuous relationship-building efforts with businesses and other professional organisations, we strive to add value to our members and the community at large. Our activities also include collaborating with educational institutions and corporations to provide basic project management education, speakers and communication channels to reach out to the members.
If you are interested in volunteering or would like more information regarding our Outreach activities please contact email@example.com
Scholarship & Prizes
We strive to build awareness of Project management principles within the various educational institutions on the Island. Apart of mentoring and speaking events we sponsor prizes and scholarships to students within these institutions.
We also sponsor an Annual SPMI Project of the Year Award to project candidates within Singapore. Winners will be feted at the Annual Symposium, showcased in the regional and well as international PMI publications, and get a chance to compete at the global PMI Project of the Year Award. For more information, please Project of the Year from the menu tab.