1. How do I join?
Singapore PMI (SPMI) Chapter is part of the global professional association of project managers, led by the Project Management Institute (PMI). PMI membership is Global. It is administered centrally at the PMI web site.
PMI membership offers membership of the central organisation plus a choice of membership of local branches called "Chapters", membership of specific interest groups "SIGs" and membership of specific knowledge areas. The section below explains how to join both PMI and the SPMI Chapter.
- Apply on line with a credit card at the PMI web site. Click on "JOIN" link to the top of the page.
- Then chose the appropriate type of membership (Individual, Student, or Retiree) and click on corresponding JOIN PMI button.
- A new member will need to register to create login credentials prior to completing the PMI application
- Choose Browse Communities and select Chapters then the Singapore Chapter then "Join" and "Add to cart" to join PMI Singapore.
- Choose the SIGs or Colleges relevant to your industry or interests. A complete list of these is available at the PMI web site under "Global Membership and Communities".
- Click on "Checkout" and follow the process to pay for global PMI and PMI Singapore Chapter
If your organisation has a group of 15 or more individuals wishing to join, PMI offers a Group Billing Plan scheme. The purpose is to make the process of applying for membership and administration of memberships easier for you, there is no group discount.
The Group Billing Plan scheme is flexible; existing PMI members can count towards the 15 minimum members and more staff can be added to the scheme during the year if you wish. Most organisations find that the Group Billing Plan is a great way to ensure a group of project managers all join the PMI at one time.
- You need to enrol to PMI Global first and select PMI Singapore Chapter as additional chapter. Your membership to PMI Singapore Chapter is valid as per your PMI Global Membership validity.
- You do not have to be a resident of Singapore to belong to our chapter.
- Your Chapter fees are forwarded and used by the PMI Singapore Chapter to support professional development, special events, and to provide a professional forums and presentations in which you can participate.
2. Why should I join Singapore Chapter membership?
The SPMI Chapter is an active and exciting community to be part of. The chapter runs a number of events featuring local and international speakers. All these events are available at a discounted price for SPMI members.
If you're looking for new opportunities, wanting to connect with like-minded people and expand your professional network, the Singapore Chapter offers this and much more. PMP Exam preparations sessions are regularly run helping Project Managers get certified and we have short courses focusing on certain areas of Project Management e.g. Agile best practices or earned value etc.
More details on benefits of joining PMI Singapore Chapter can be found at “Become a Member” page.
3. How do I add SPMI Chapter membership to global PMI membership?
If you are a PMI member, but haven't yet joined the PMI Singapore Chapter go to the main PMI web site and log in. Your user name is your PMI membership number, unless you have changed it. If you cannot remember your password, click on “I forgot my password” and an email remainder will be sent. This usually takes a few seconds to arrive.
Click on “Membership” link, then “Local Chapters” and select the “Singapore Chapter”.
In case “Singapore Chapter” is not listed by default, type in “Singapore” in the “Find another chapter” text box and select from the drop-down.
Click on JOIN CHAPTER and follow the process to pay.
Current costs for PMI Singapore Membership is $40 USD and is free for students in full time education.
4. How can I renew my membership?
Renewal is easy. Within 90 days of your membership expiring, log-in at www.PMI.org, and click on the link to renew your membership. PMI has incorporated a shopping cart format, and will show your PMI Membership renewal, as well as the renewal of your Chapters and SIGs. The Singapore Chapter will show as an item on this screen.
To renew, simply click on the link that says “checkout” and you will be taken to the billing area. Enter your payment information, and press the submit button. You are done! It really is that easy… and you retain all the benefits of your Singapore Membership including: Guest speakers, special events, Singapore specific news, volunteer opportunities, PDU and professional development training opportunities, and much more! Don’t miss out! Renew your Singapore membership before it expires!
5. I have just moved to Singapore. Can I transfer my membership?
This is normally done on a case-by-case basis. Members who wish to transfer their chapter membership can contact the Asia Pacific Customer Care team at email@example.com. Our team will work with the PMI Membership team to further assist members. Please note that additional chapter membership fees may apply.
6. Can I become a member of two different chapters at the same time?
You certainly can, however each chapter you decide to join will incur a joining fee (fees listed on PMI global website)
7. I have just joined the Singapore Chapter. Can you advise my login details for the Singapore Chapter website?
We have upgraded our system to the PMI Single Sign-On (SSO) and your log-in to the Singapore Chapter website: www.pmi.org.sg is the same username and password you use at the PMI Global site – www.pmi.org. It takes a day or two for your details to filter through to the Singapore website.
If you need to recover your login details please use the login recovery tool.
8. I have renewed my PMI membership & Singapore Chapter membership; however I have not received my Tax Receipt. How can I obtain a copy?
You can log into the pmi.org site - https://my.pmi.org/orders - and reprint a copy.