About Project of the Year Award
Project of the Year Award honours project teams for their successful completion of project in Business & Information System and Engineering & Construction in Singapore. With overwhelming support from market leaders, corporates, project managers, this program was launched in 2014. Following the grand success of the SPMI POY awards for the past 5 years, the Project Management Institute Singapore Chapter has launched the 6th SPMI Project of the Year (POY) 2019-20 and invites all government agencies as well as corporates to showcase their outstanding projects for these awards.
- One of the most prestigious awards for project management professionals and organizations in Singapore to get recognized and rewarded for their outstanding projects, supported by Singapore's EDB and NTUC.
- A platform for organizations to showcase their capabilities and achievements, and learn from other organizations.
- Organizations have the chance to raise the awareness of their projects and the PM profession among their senior executives.
- Winners of SPMI POY get the opportunity to compete for prestigious global PMI awards. Thus raising the recognition also at the global level.
- SPMI POY winners will be recognized in SPMI publications, website and during the SPMI Regional Symposium.
- SPMI POY winners will be published in PMI Global periodicals.
- The project must have been completed between September 01, 2017 and September 30, 2019.
- The project must be implemented in Singapore or carried out by a company based in Singapore or originated from Singapore.
- The total size of the project must meet following conditions for the award categories:
Business and Information Systems:
- Sub - Category A – more than SG$2 mil Project value
- Sub - Category B – between SG$500k and SG$2 mil Project value
- Sub - Category C – less than SG$500k Project value
Engineering and Construction:
- Sub - Category A - more than SG$200 mil Project value
- Sub - Category B - between SG$50 mil and SG$200 mil Project value
- Sub - Category C - less than SG$50 mil Project value
- An organization cannot submit more than 3 projects per category, but may submit projects in multiple categories.
- The nominated project has not won any PMI Distinguished Project Awards.
- The nominated project has neither been a Finalist nor participated in the last 5 years of SPMI POY Awards.
- PMI affiliation is not necessary for nomination.