Workshop – Is Agile the Magic Solution for Change Success?
Should we define change outcomes better? Integrate Project Management with Change Management using best practices? Or do we rely on Agile to improve ROI and build enterprise agility?
Project Managers are becoming increasingly responsible not only for the delivery and launch of new capabilities to specification, on time and on budget, but also for their sustained user adoption and delivery of Return on Investment (ROI).
This is otherwise known as the people side of change or change management, contrasting with the technical side of change or project management.
Many organisations view Agile as a “silver bullet” iterative solution to satisfy the insatiable demand for increased velocity and capacity for change. Others are relying on the more traditional sequential waterfall method. With both approaches, many employees and managers are still being left behind in these transitions and ROI is being lost in the headlong pursuit of technology-led transformation success. So which approach is best? Where and how does change management and its best practices fit in?
In this session, your Prosci-certified Advanced Instructor and Certified Practitioner will introduce effective change management techniques based on research and explain why it is increasingly important. He will provide an overview on how project managers who are tasked with user adoption and ROI generation can begin to build and grow their personal proficiency in this discipline by integrating Project Management with Change Management.
You’re in good hands. Michael is managing director at CMC Partnership, which is the primary affiliate in Singapore, UK, Ireland and Italy for the world’s most widely adopted change management methodology and toolset called Prosci. It is used by 80% of the Fortune 100 largest organisations globally. Since 2013, CMC has trained over 500 people in the Prosci change management methodology across all industries and sectors in Singapore.
Four things that make Prosci change management popular:
1. Methodology and toolset stem from 20 years of research from 6300+ global change projects;
2. It is holistic and simple to use;
3. Integrating PM and CM is a top two-year industry trend;
4. There are 45,000+ Certified Prosci CM Practitioners globally and 500+ in Singapore.
New to change management? You will learn how to:
1. Define the elements of effective change;
2. Measure the health of your change project;
3. Integrate CM and PM to form a unified value proposition;
4. Understand five keys to effective PM and CM integration;
5. Apply effective change management when adapting to suit both a sequential waterfall environment and an iterative Agile environment;
For the more experienced PMs or CMs, we will elaborate on these familiar questions for you:
1. Why is change management important to my project?
2. Can change be defined?;
3. How do change management and project management compare?;
4. When should I involve the change manager in our project?;
5. What more can I do as a Project Manager to encourage better user adoption of the solutions we build/launch and to increase ROI?;
6. Does change that comes with one person connect to the organisational change projects I am involved in?
7. How does the application of effective change management in a waterfall environment differ from its application in an Agile environment?
Presentation and Discussion Method:
This will be an interactive, learning-by-doing presentation/workshop. Participants will be responding to live polls and collaborating during table exercises to reinforce the learning points. Q&A is invited throughout.
About the Speaker
Managing Director CMC Asia & Prosci Certified Advanced Instructor
Michael Campbell is a 25+ year veteran of the IT and Consultancy industry, based in Singapore 75% of the year. With Asia as his centre of gravity, he spends most of his time establishing new relationships, delivering training and executive advice to multinational clients - especially in the area of change management - through his role as Prosci Advanced Instructor and Certified Practitioner.
Michael’s expertise is in helping private and public sector customers establish or improve their change management capability, so that the financial and non-financial returns from their business change projects are larger, more consistent and sustainable.
Since 2015, Michael has been the lead CMC Prosci instructor for the delivery of their regular public programs: Prosci-certified change management practitioner, Prosci program for Line Managers, Prosci Enterprise Change Management Bootcamp and Prosci Intersection of Agile and Change Management workshop programs. Michael joined CMC in 2010 from Gartner Inc, the world’s leading provider of IT research and advisory services, where from 2006 as Group VP he consecutively led the Sales functions within the IT Benchmarking Analytics practice of the Consulting division and Worldwide Events. Before that, he was MD for The Hackett Group Europe, a leading provider of benchmark data, analytics and consultancy services for the Finance, HR, Procurement and IT functions of Fortune 1000 firms.
Date: Thursday, 12 September 2019
Time: 7pm to 9pm (Singapore) - Refreshments from 6:15pm
Venue: NTUC LearningHub | NTUC Trade Union House | Room 4H on 4th Floor | 73 Bras Basah Road | Singapore 189556
PDUs: 2 = 1 Strategic + 1 Technical (where applicable, PMI ID to be included with registration)
Registration deadline: 12 noon SGT on the event day (12 Sep 2019)
# SPMI members: please log in to benefit from member rate.
* NTUC Members: When you first pay the Public rate, kindly email email@example.com after registration for verification and refund to match your discounted rate. Thank you.
Disclaimers: Registration is final, non-refundable, non-transferrable. By registering to this event, you give permission to PMI Singapore Chapter (SPMI) to contact you with details of how to participate in this event. You will also be included in future communications from SPMI, from which it is easy to unsubscribe by following instructions at the bottom of a mailer.
An event organised by:
|Event Date||12-09-2019 6:15 pm|
|Event End Date||12-09-2019 9:00 pm|
|Cut off date||12-09-2019 7:00 pm|
|No. of Strategic PDUs||1|
|No. of Technical PDUs||1|
|No. of Leadership PDUs||N/A|
|Location||NTUC LearningHub @ NTUC Trade Union House|