Workshop – Gaining (Un)fair Advantage through Career Branding
Ever wondered why some people tend to always get ahead in their career and are always attracting career opportunities for themselves?we define change outcomes better?
It is all in how they are perceived – their career brand!
Whatever you’re doing or NOT doing is projecting your brand. Like it or not, one of human instincts is to judge. A person’s judgement of you sticks until it is repeatedly proved otherwise. Remember the times where you misunderstood a new colleague’s intentions? How many times did someone have to do the right thing before you were convinced that your first impression was incorrect?
What if you had a strategy to help you influence and form a certain perception in people’s mind?
Imagine the benefits it could bring you:
- Taking on more lucrative projects;
- Getting the promotion and pay raise you think you deserve;
- Being constantly sought after and recognised for your expertise;
- Achieving fulfilment in what you do.
This Career Branding talk is customised to PMI Singapore Chapter Members to help them discover their brand identity and project themselves with impactful brand to attract better career development opportunities. Through interactive activities, case studies and experiential learning, the facilitator will guide you to practise applying career branding principles.
Four pressing questions where career branding could make a difference:
1. That lucrative project you have been aiming for – how do you secure it?
2. The promotion you have been dreaming about – how do you get it?
3. What about a pay raise that could make your life more comfortable – how do you achieve it?
4. Last, but not least – that sense of fulfilment you are longing for in your career – how do you find it?
1. Learn the two elements that determine income and how to maximise these two elements;
2. How to leverage other platforms than Social Media to strengthen your personal brand;
3. The number one strategy to help you gain emotional connection with your stakeholders;
4. How to use the five levels of career branding to position yourself as the go-to expert.
Presentation and Discussion Method:
Mike believes in interactive learning. Filled with case studies and experiential learning, he will create a safe and open environment for the participants to open their minds and learn.
About the Speaker
Mike Li Yichuan
Principal Coach of Trainium Academy
Mike Li Yichuan is the Principal Coach of Trainium Academy. He is on a mission to develop people to their fullest potential and raise training & coaching standards in Singapore. He coaches teams from corporations across various industries including education, healthcare, life sciences, technology, manufacturing, utilities and retail.
His major clients (among several others) include PwC, Cisco, Continental, Ferring, Marvell, Medtronic, A*STAR, NUS, NCS, NParks and SP Group. He specialises in influential communications for leaders, negotiation skills, powerful presentations, and career branding and development through Neuro-Linguistics Programming (NLP) & Emotional Intelligence (EI).
Mike is bilingual in English and Mandarin, certified by the American Board of Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP) and International Coach Federation (ICF) – two of the most powerful organisations specialising in persuasion and influence. He is also a certified Career Coach, being awarded the Global Career Development Facilitator by the Centre for Credentialing & Education.
As a practitioner, his career branding efforts helped him transit out of a decade in government service into entrepreneurship. Mike also runs two online communities (Career Branding Hacks & Strategies and Superbrand Me) with an audience close to 2000, focusing on branding for corporate professionals and entrepreneurs. Together with his partner, they conduct monthly public workshops focusing on branding.
Mike is the author of the book “5 Critical Profile Elements to Increase Your Visibility on LinkedIn”. Mike also writes for local news outlet TODAY’s career column to share insights and practical tips on matters regarding career branding and development.
Date: Thursday, 17 October 2019
Time: 7pm to 9pm (Singapore) - Refreshments from 6:15pm
Venue: NTUC LearningHub | NTUC Trade Union House | 4th Floor | 73 Bras Basah Road | Singapore 189556
PDUs: 2 Leadership (where applicable, PMI ID to be included with registration)
Registration deadline: 3 pm SGT the day before (16 Oct 2019)
# SPMI members: please log in to benefit from member rate.
* NTUC Members: When you first pay the Public rate, kindly email firstname.lastname@example.org after registration for verification and refund to match your discounted rate. Thank you.
Disclaimers: Registration is final, non-refundable, non-transferrable. By registering to this event, you give permission to PMI Singapore Chapter (SPMI) to contact you with details of how to participate in this event. You will also be included in future communications from SPMI, from which it is easy to unsubscribe by following instructions at the bottom of a mailer.
An event organised by:
|Event Date||17-10-2019 6:30 pm|
|Event End Date||17-10-2019 9:00 pm|
|Cut off date||16-10-2019 3:00 pm|
|No. of Strategic PDUs||N/A|
|No. of Technical PDUs||N/A|
|No. of Leadership PDUs||2|
|Location||NTUC LearningHub @ NTUC Trade Union House|