Tuesday, 24 April 2018
PMI SINGAPORE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
Dear SPMI Chapter Member,
The following progress report is hereby distributed to the SPMI Chapter Members for your awareness:
As per the constitution of the chapter, the positions of President, two Vice Presidents, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Assistant Secretary, Honorary Assistant Treasurer, nine Board Members, two Auditors and three Trustees are open for election at the AGM.
The 2018 Nomination Forms Submission Deadline was 5pm on Friday, 13 Apr 2018.
*The 2018 AGM Nomination Committee Chair is Mr. Sarbojit Bose.
*The 2018 AGM Election Committee Chair is Ms. D. M Priya
* The 2018 Nomination Committee picked up Eighteen (18) Nomination Forms on 16 April 2018 for processing
* The 2018 Nominating Committee scrutinized and determined if the candidate is suitable and qualified for the office for which the member is nominated (refer to the Constitution).
* The 2018 Nomination Committee chair handed over the Eighteen (18) validated Nomination packages to the Election Committee Chair on Thursday 19 April 2018
* The 2018 Election Committee Chair is declaring the following Nominees standing for the 2018 -2019 Board Elections as running “Unopposed” to serve on the 2018-2019 Board:
President (1) - Umesh Pralhad Ursekar
Vice President (2) – Chim Hock See and Rama Prasad Mamid
Honorary Secretary (1) – Raghavan Surianarayanan
Honorary Assistant Secretary (1) – Xu Rong Richard
Honorary Treasurer (1) – Ramanathan Ganesh
Honorary Assistant Treasurer (1) – Rashid Mohiuddin
Committee Members (9)
Jessica Sanchez S. Harihara Subramanian Rupali Londhe
Velimir Tasic Ruchi Singhal Michael A Didonato
Bomirasipeta Nithin Kumar Annie L Chong Frankie Shuai ZhenZhong
Board of Trustees (3)
Balaji Bhakthavatchalam and Yap Tiem Yew are serving on a three (3) year tenure of service and are not required to stand for elections. Alex Siow is elected unopposed for a 3 year tenure of service
* The following details of the successful nominees will be published on the SPMI Website:
Name, Position, Photograph, Section 2 of the Nomination form (bio-data and intended
contribution to the chapter)
* At the AGM, election will be conducted for the two Auditor positions
*The 2018 AGM AOB Submission deadline was 5pm on Friday, 13 Apr 2018. No AOB Issues were received by the Honorary Secretary or Honorary Assistant Secretary
*As of Tuesday, 24 Apr 2018, the registration count is at 139. Seeking additional registrations.
(Note: The following documents are attached so that Chapter Members can review prior to the AGM: SPMI Constitution (updated 24 Apr 2015), 2017-2018 President’s Report, 2017 Treasurer’s Report, and the 2017 Annual General Meeting Minutes)
The 18th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Project Management Institute Singapore Chapter (SPMI) will be held at the Room No 801 in Level 8, NTUC Center on Thursday, 26 Apr 2018 @7pm.
AGM is exclusively for PMI Singapore Chapter (SPMI) Members only.
As per the constitution of the chapter, the positions of President, two Vice Presidents, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Assistant Secretary, Honorary Assistant Treasurer, nine Board Members and two Auditors and three Trustees are open for election at the AGM
Attention: Nomination Committee
All nominations must be received at the above address on or before 5pm on 13 April 2018 (Friday).
Notes 1-7 refer to the Nomination Forms, Nomination Committee, and Election Committee.
1. Both sections of the Nomination Form must be duly completed. Incomplete forms will be automatically disqualified.
2. The forms must reach the Registered Office on or before 5pm, 13 April 2018 (Friday). No Fax or Electronic mail forms will be accepted.
3. The nomination to be valid, and the PMI Singapore Chapter membership must be valid for the nominee, proposer, and seconder at the time of nomination and until 26 April 2018.
4. A member standing for election as an officer must have previously served at least one complete term as an Officer or Committee Member. The term may have occurred at any time prior to the member’s standing for election. A Member standing for election as a President must have previously served at least one complete term as an Officer and one complete term as a Committee Member. The term may have occurred at any time prior to the member’s standing for election.
5. Special notes on nomination clauses.
* Clause 184.108.40.206: No member may nominate more than one member for any post. Members standing for election and a member who have already nominated a member for the executive committee cannot not make any new nominations in the General Meeting (in case of insufficient number of executive committee member nominations).
* Clause 220.127.116.11: And no member may second more than one member for any post.
* Clause 18.104.22.168: Any violation shall render the nominations null and void.
6. The Nominating Committee shall scrutinize and determine if the candidate is suitable and qualified for the office for which the member is nominated (refer to the Constitution). Valid nomination forms will be then handed over to the Election Committee, and the members will be notified as to how many have been nominated for each contested post.
The following details of the successful nominees will be published on the SPMI website:
7. At the AGM, the election will be conducted by the Election Committee. No nominee will be allowed to address the members. If there are nominations from the floor for any reason, that nominee will be given five (5) minutes to address the members.
8. Below is the Initial Agenda:
* Registration and Dinner
9. In accordance with the clauses 10.1.1 and 10.7 of the Constitution, actions at the AGM will be limited to those agenda items contained in the notice of the meeting. Any Member who wishes to place an item on the Agenda for the AGM may do so provided such a request in writing is sent via email to the Honorary Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Honorary Assistant Secretary (email@example.com) no later than 13 April 2018 (Friday).
10. The following documents have been emailed to all SPMI members.
* SPMI Constitution (updated 24 April 2015)
* 2017-2018 President’s Report
* 2017 Treasurer’s Report and the
* 2017 Annual General Meeting Minutes
11. The AGM is exclusively for SPMI members only. Kindly quote your PMI ID and bring along a photo ID for verification on the day of event. Note that this event is FREE for SPMI members. NON-SPMI Members will not be able to attend this event. Please wait for further details soon.
Raghavan Surianarayanan, PMP
Honorary Secretary 2017-2018
PMI Singapore Chapter (SPMI)
|Event Date||26-04-2018 7:00 pm|
|Event End Date||26-04-2017 9:00 pm|
|Cut off date||26-04-2018 12:00 pm|
|Location||Room No. 801, Level 8, NTUC Center|