Wednesday, 10 April 2019
PMI SINGAPORE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING (AGM)
Notice is hereby given that the 19th Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Project Management Institute Singapore Chapter (SPMI) for the term 2019 ~ 2020 will be conducted on Wednesday, 22 May 2019 @7pm.
Date: 22 May 2019 (Wednesday)
Time: 7.00pm to 9.00pm
Registration and Buffet Dinner, starting at 6:30pm
Location: Lecture Theatre 4 @ Level 4, PSB Academy City
Campus, Marina Square, 6 Raffles Blvd, #03-200,
Singapore 039594. Direction
AGM is exclusively for PMI Singapore Chapter (SPMI) Members only.
Please log-in to proceed with the event registration.
Kindly quote your PMI ID and bring along a photo ID on the day of event.
As per the constitution of the chapter, the positions of President, two Vice Presidents, Honorary Secretary, Honorary Treasurer, Honorary Assistant Secretary, Honorary Assistant Treasurer, nine Board Members, two Auditors and Three Trustees are open for election at the AGM.
Please click to download the nomination form for the Executive Committee or Board of Trustees and post or deliver the duly filled form to the Registered Office:
Attention: Nomination Committee
Project Management Institute (PMI) Singapore Chapter
c/o PMI Asia Pacific Service Centre
20 Bendemeer Road, #04-02 Cyberhub, Singapore 339914
All nominations must be received at the above address on or before 5pm on 8 May 2019 (Wednesday). Notes 1-7 refer to the Nomination Forms, Nomination Committee, and Election Committee.
1. Both sections of the Nomination Form must be duly completed. Incomplete forms will be automatically disqualified.
2. The forms must reach the Registered Office on or before 5pm, 8 May 2019 (Wednesday). No Fax or Electronic mail forms will be accepted.
3. The nomination to be valid, and the PMI Singapore Chapter membership must be valid for the nominee, proposer, and seconder at the time of nomination and until 23 May 2019.
4. A member standing for election as an officer must have previously served at least one complete term as an Officer or Committee Member. The term may have occurred at any time prior to the member’s standing for election. A Member standing for election as a President must have previously served at least one complete term as an Officer and one complete term as a Committee Member. The term may have occurred at any time prior to the member’s standing for election.
5. Special notes on nomination clauses.
* Clause 22.214.171.124: No member may nominate more than one member for any post. Members standing for election and a member who have already nominated a member for the executive committee cannot not make any new nominations in the General Meeting (in case of insufficient number of executive committee member nominations).
* Clause 126.96.36.199: And no member may second more than one member for any post.
* Clause 188.8.131.52: Any violation shall render the nominations null and void.
6. The Nominating Committee shall scrutinize and determine if the candidate is suitable and qualified for the office for which the member is nominated (refer to the Constitution). Valid nomination forms will be then handed over to the Election Committee, and the members will be notified as to how many have been nominated for each contested post.
The following details of the successful nominees will be published on the SPMI website:
* Position applied for
* Section 2 of the nomination form (bio-data and intended contribution to the Chapter)
7. At the AGM, the election will be conducted by the Election Committee. No nominee will be allowed to address the members. If there are nominations from the floor for any reason, that nominee will be given five (5) minutes to address the members.
8. Below is the Initial Agenda:
* Registration and Dinner
* Call Meeting to Order
* President's Report
* Treasurer's Report
* Introduction of Nomination Committee and Election Committee
* Introduction of Nominees
* Election Committee to conduct election and vote
* Guest Speaker
* Election Committee announces the Election results for the term 2019 ~ 2020.
* Introduction of new board members
* Any Other Business
* Conclusion of AGM
9. In accordance with the clauses 10.1.1 and 10.7 of the Constitution, actions at the AGM will be limited to those agenda items contained in the notice of the meeting. Any Member who wishes to place an item on the Agenda for the AGM may do so provided such a request in writing is sent via email to the Honorary Secretary (email@example.com) and Honorary Assistant Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 8 May 2019 (Wednesday).
10. Click here to download the Minutes of 2018 Annual General Meeting.
11. The AGM is exclusively for SPMI members only. Kindly quote your PMI ID and bring along a photo ID for verification on the day of event. Note that this event is FREE for SPMI members. NON-SPMI Members will not be able to attend this event. Please wait for further details soon.
Raghavan Surianarayanan, PMP
Honorary Secretary 2018-2019
PMI Singapore Chapter (SPMI)