SPMI extends its Academic Outreach ….
Hot on the trails of signing its first Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with local academic institution on August 7, PMI Singapore Chapter (SPMI) extends its academic outreach with another academic partner in Singapore. On November 28, 2013, SPMI signed a MoU with Ngee Ann-Adelaide Education Centre (NAA).
The MoU was signed by Ms Lim Mei-Mei (General Manager of NAA) and Umesh Ursekar (President of SPMI). The signing ceremony was witnessed by more than 100 guests and participants of the event.
The objectives of the MoU are:
- To jointly establish a NAA-SPMI Project Management Club (hereinafter called “the Club”) to promote awareness, interest and enthusiasm of project management discipline to the students and alumni of NAA.
- To fostering and strengthen linkages with the industry through joint programs;
- To jointly organize training programs, undertake research and render consultancy services leading to the enhancement of the overall collaboration of the Parties intellectual assets;
- To source and jointly supervise Industry Projects and/or Internship program by PMI SINGAPORE CHAPTER members and NAA staff;
- To jointly organize and facilitate industrial visits to partnering companies for PMI SINGAPORE CHAPTER members, NAA staff and students; and
- To collaborate in projects that promote Corporate Social Responsibility.
Under the agreement, NAA and SPMI collaborate to promote the practice of Project Management (PM) through a PM Club for NAA students and alumni. The PM Club will organize activities such as talks, workshop, PM Games, Corporate Social Responsibilities trips to other countries.After the signing ceremony, a seminar on “Typology of Management Styles for different types of Projects” by Dr. Alex Gorod was held for students of NAA and members of SPMI.